Turn to the Left, Turn to the Right

ooooooo, fashion

Sunday, October 6, 2013

No King

I heard that Stephen King writes stories based off nightmares. I have no idea how factual that is, but I could imagine that's true, at least sometimes. 
I could never do that, though. I mean, my nightmares are nothing to write stories about. Literally, the worst dream I can recall from a recent night was that I wore the wrong shirt to the charity volunteer group I take part in every couple of months. It's a bright yellow tee and, because I didn't wear it, I couldn't receive a painted handprint on it, which is like a tally mark for how many times you volunteered. 
That's it, that was my nightmare. Sleep is supposed to lower your level of cortisol (stress hormone). But not me while that dream was occuring, nope. That probably rose my cortisol level, embarrassingly. 
There are far worse things than having tame nightmares; I know, believe me. I feel lucky that night terrors don't trouble me. I guess I just wish my dreams meant more than the wishy washy textbook regurgitation of the day's happenings with an impossible feat or an exploited minor fear mixed in sporadically. 

No comments:

Post a Comment